2012 CCU College Scholarships!
Exciting News! CCU Basketball Scholarships!
The Chinese Christian Union Basketball League (CCU Basketball) is offering two $500 scholarships to 2 graduating high school seniors in the year 2012. Application and Qualifications:
1) Must have played in the CCU Basketball League
2) Provide 2 letters of recommendations from your local church (preferably from a pastor, leader, or adult who can comment on your character, spiritual growth, and plans for the future, although these letters may come from anyone).
3) Provide a cover letter with all your personal information, including: a. Name, address, email, phone number b. Current school, graduation date, and birth date c. Home church and contact information d. Years in CCU e. College and Career objective
4) Provide a Personal Statement – Please read the directions and answer the questions below.
In your personal statement, we are looking at the overall answers to all the questions, including the quality, creativity, and style of your writing. As a future professional, college student, or leader, our judges expect you to use correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Your answers should also be interesting and enjoyable to read. Make our judges want to read your answers. Part of the challenge is conveying your story within the indicated word limit. Do not repeat the question in your answer; just answer each question as if a close friend had asked the question. The absolute maximum length of your entire statement is 750 words. Please also keep in mind the suggested word limit for each question to help organize the focus of your statement.
1. Give us a brief background, i.e., who are you? (Suggested limit between 80 and 120 words.)
2. Tell us about the greatest life lesson you've learned so far and why this has had an impact personally and/or on others. (Suggested limit between 80 and 120 words.)
3. If you could change one of your personality traits what would it be? Why? (Suggested limit between 80 and 120 words.)
4. If you could have one song play every time you walked into a room what song would it be? Why? (Suggested limit between 80 and 120 words.)
5. For what thing should a holiday be added as a national day of celebration each year, and why? (Suggested limit between 20 and 40 words.)
6. How has playing in the CCU Basketball League helped you to grow spiritually and as a person? (Suggested limit between 80 and 120 words.)
7. What is the greatest contribution or impact you would make in the world, and how would you go about achieving this? (Suggested limit between 80 and 120 words.)
8. Why do you think you deserve this scholarship? (Suggested limit between 80 and 120 words.)
Please send your completed application to Jack Jung, 1339 Plymouth Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112 by 5/30/2012
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the scholarship or the application process. We look forward to hearing from you! CCU basketball committee